06 April 2010

intro

As I write this post, I am three months into a letter-writing project and approximately 5 months away from moving to Spain for a year-long Master's program in Spanish (also 5 months away from the day I turn 24, give or take a few weeks). 3 months until I travel to Middlebury, VT to participate in a 6-week Spanish immersion course, 2 months until I travel to my family's cabin, 1 month until I travel to Vietnam, Laos, and Thailand to visit my friend Elizabeth(!!), 3 weeks until my next Spanish bookclub meeting, 3 days since I ran a 10k, and smack dab at the beginning of a book that I am trying to write.


But this whole chronology is forcing me to realize a few things about time. 1) It is linear. 2) It is cyclical. And 3) I don't really keep track of it very well, which is why I started a blog. I would journal, but with journaling, I am only responsible to myself (and my journal has now been overtaken by the book idea and it's really weird to flip between my life and the lives I am creating in my mind). So I am blogging, and hoping that my friends and family will motivate me to chronicle the big adventure which will be the next year of my life (or at least, I hope that this next year is a big adventure. It's a big adventure in my mind.)

3 comments:

  1. Why do I not see anything about coming to Wisconsin!?!?!? Also I love the blog title and sub-title, awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI DNORTON!!! *WAVES* would love to visit this land sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you can realize that you don't keep track of time well, hence your occasional lateness :)

    ReplyDelete