09 May 2010

I'm On A Boat! I'm On A Bo-at!

Everybody look at me 'cause I'm on a...you know the rest. Halong Bay was the most amazing experience of my entire life. I can't post pictures now, but the islands were beautiful. Limestone boulders which shot straight out of the water, covered in lush green foliage. So surreal. Jade green water. A little overcast, but that was ok, because there was a little mistake with the boat, and they ended up giving us only the most awesome boat ever.

In a word: luxurious. We were pampered. They gave us cool, damop cloths and orange juice right when we got on the boat, then orange slices later. There was a beautiful wide deck with gorgeous, woven bamboo furniture. Classic, understated opulence.

A 6 course lunch, and a nine (count 'em--NINE!)course dinner: pumpkin soup, papaya salad, french fries, crab, shrimp, prawns, fried rice with stir-fried pork and green beans, and an apple for dessert. All the fish was perfectly fresh and so tasty. We felt like royalty.

Seriously, it was a most awesome boat, and I would highly recommend the cruise to anyone who was even thinking about visiting Vietnam. So delightful.

No comments:

Post a Comment