10 October 2010

The Rain in Spain...

I think we all know how that one ends.

I'm not particularly well-versed on Spanish geography, although I do know that the Northwest is pretty cold, wet and gray (much like Oregon), and the South is very hot and dry (like Arizona). And there are several different miniature mountain ranges. And I think Madrid is situated on a high central plateau.

But this is what it looked like yesterday when I went into the center to wander around!




It was kind of pouring and I might have gotten a little soaked. Thank goodness for my paraguas! (First person to give its English translation in the comments gets a postcard from Madrid!)

4 comments:

  1. I know, I know! But I don't want to ruin it for someone else who hasn't gotten a postcard yet. Do I still get a postcard?

    ReplyDelete
  2. umbrella...even though I don't really believe in the use of them, haha :)
    I have been poking around on your blog recently, Di...it isn't just your mom. thank goodness for fb or I would have no clue where anyone is!
    besos,
    Liz S.

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way, were you wearing your wellies?

    ReplyDelete
  4. don't have no wellies here. doesn't rain enough to need them, although they do sell them.

    ReplyDelete