19 September 2016

La Piscine

Thursday, I went to a lovely co-working space in Chueca. It's called La Piscine (check it out here), and it was the perfect place to revise a cover letter and work on some job docs after being in the library all day. 

I find coffeeshops difficult to work in sometimes, because they can be so loud (the music volume is almost always too high for me to be able to concentrate, and then there's all the ambient noise, and the coffee grinders). So when A and I walked by this place last Friday, and it was completely empty and also SILENT, I was sold. 

I'm trying to set myself a schedule and stick to it, and a part of that schedule is choosing certain places to go where all I do is write. It's far too easy to convince myself that I need to do more reading when I am in a library surrounded by books. It's far easier to convince myself to write when I have is 2 hours in a co-working space that I am paying for (I get tea and snacks along with the SILENCE) where writing is the only thing I need to do. 

So I will continue to search out cute co-working spaces and (silent) coffeeshops to try to get some Pomodoros in and write a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment