04 September 2016

New Home in Madrid

I arrived safely in Madrid, and, after hauling my two (HEAVY) bags up 4 flights of stairs, found myself in my home for the next year.

My friend S connected me with a friend of a friend of hers, C, and C agreed to rent me out a massive room in her 3 bedroom apartment right in the center of Madrid. It's 2 blocks away from the Royal Palace, and maybe 3 from the Plaza Mayor, so I'm smack dab in the middle of everything. Yet at the same time, the street outside is very calm. I don't hear any traffic at all, and my windows are open all the way. In fact, the loudest noise is one of the neighbors pontificating (or gossiping--both sound the same when you're trying not to eavesdrop).

There's a lovely rooftop terrace with all sorts of potted flowers and herbs that really reminds me of my garden in Austin. I had a little sandwich out there for dinner, and I'm fairly positive that it is going to become my favorite journaling/blogging/fun writing spot.


There's even a cat named Pepe. Funnily enough, my allergies haven't bothered me a bit with him around. I guess hanging around Dodger all this past week has helped!


And that view over the rooftops makes me feel so bohemian! I think this is going to be a great place to write and read over the next 9 months. 







No comments:

Post a Comment