28 November 2016

Friendsgivings

Last Saturday, my friend T had her annual Thanksgiving dinner with lots of her Spanish and American friends. It was a potluck, so I brought brownies (good brownies are pretty hard to find around here, so I try to spread the news of these Salted Fudge Brownies far and wide. Seriously, they're delicious. Everyone should go bake some now. I'll wait).


There were maybe 30-40 people in attendance. It started at 2, and I left around 9 (while the majority of people were still there hanging out). 


One guy asked me about politics, and I got into a very impassioned argument with him (I didn't want to talk politics, but when it's with foreigners, it's a bit different). I then whooped him at Taboo and won the large plastic lollipop I'm holding above. 


It was a really lovely event, and a great way to celebrate my favorite holiday, since I can't be there to celebrate it with family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment