12 December 2016

Pretty Holiday Decor

The one thing that I love about the holidays is how willing everybody is to decorate and dress things up a little bit--be it in lights or wreaths or garlands or bows.

I always love wandering Madrid during the holidays because of how pretty all the lights are. A metal Christmas tree fills up practically every major square, and lights criss-cross the buildings on all streets (from major-thoroughfairs to pedestrian-only ones). Here's a sample of Madrid's Christmas lights.

I really liked the Christmas well-wishes from this neighborhood (below).


But my favorite Christmas decor is always the boughs upon boughs of garland and greens that fancy florists tend to use, like this one near Alonso Martinez:


Granted, Madrid hasn't yet figured out the amazingness of dubstep Christmas light shows, but I'm sure they'll get to it eventually.


No comments:

Post a Comment