29 June 2010

Six Weeks of Silence

Well, that's not entirely true.  But, I am heading off to my 6-week Spanish immersion summer program, where I have signed a pledge stating, "I agree to use Spanish as my only language of communication while attending Middlebury Language Schools.  I understand that failure to comply with this Pledge may result in my expulsion from the School without credit or refund."

So that's some pretty serious stuff.  I don't really think that they would appreciate me keeping up with my English blog while I'm there, so I have decided to do something a bit different.

Welcome to DNortonLand's 6-week Spanish vocab review!

For the next six weeks, there will be a lot of espanol in this blog.  And a lot of pictures.  And not much English.  (The English that will be on the blog will be translated into Spanish--and we're totally down with the Spanglish here in DNortonLand).  One day, you might learn a new phrase (some of them might even be a little, um, colorful, shall we say?), but generally, I will try to post a picture, and maybe a paragraph in Spanish translated into English.

So let's begin!

Seis semanas de silencio comienzan... ahora!  (Six weeks of silence begins...now!)

En serio...Callate!  (Seriously, be quiet!)

1 comment:

  1. I want to read in Spanish. Por favor - i need to practice. Necesito practicar mi espanol. Or something.

    ReplyDelete