21 September 2010

I wonder...

  • Does the phrase: "Find a penny, pick it up and all the day, you'll have good luck," have any significance when you're dealing with 1¢ Euro coins? A Euro cent isn't exactly a penny, but does it have the same power over the status of my luck?
  • If Don Quixote went crazy from reading too many books, then where does that leave all of the academics of the world? Is the ivory tower their personal windmill-giant?
  • Why is Fanta Naranja soo good in Spain, while Fanta Orange is mediocre at best in the States? 
    • Oh right, the whole sugar vs. HFCS/Orange juice vs. Natural flavoring dilemma.
  • Apparently Spain has a smoking ban--not that I would have known by going to ANY restaurant in Madrid--but there it is. Also, apparently Madrid is going to add their own smoking ban to the country-wide law this January. Somehow I don't think it will change anything. 
    • That's not a wondering. That's a statement of fact.
  • If unemployment is so high in Spain, how come I see so many people out shopping?

1 comment:

  1. You make me laugh - especially your Don Quijote musings! I think you are onto something!

    ReplyDelete