12 October 2010

Japanese food in Madrid

Not gonna lie. It tastes kind of funny. Sort of like American food tasted funny in Vietnam.

Last Sunday it was kind of a narsty day out (the first real day of fall: gray and cloudy and cold), so I went to Starbucks to study with a friend, and chilling in Starbucks on a cold day just makes the world so much better, even if the Starbucks lacks the tasty deliciousness of the Caramel Apple Spice Cider. (Dear Starbucks...)

Yes. They lack apple cider in Madrid. I do not understand how they can survive autumn without apple cider.

Anyhow. We got kind of hungry for something warm, so we left Starbucks and happened upon a Japanese udon place.


When you're cold and hungry, udon is the perfect thing. Beef noodle soup with thick, chunky noodles. What's not to love?

I would say that the only problem with this udon is that they added sugar, or something. It was surprisingly sweet, which was not unpleasant, but still a little odd. I'm not sure whether that's the way udon is supposed to taste, whether it's this particular restaurant, or whether it's because I'm in Spain, but I'm placing my money on the latter.

1 comment:

  1. Does your Starbucks have salted caramel hot chocolate? Haven't tried it, but I hear it is good.

    Because of your blog, I picked green chile from our garden and made green chile stew. yum, yum!

    ReplyDelete