04 October 2010

A poem:

I wrote this one a while ago.  I was trying to (devilishly) tempt my parents to cheat on their diet (we were competing on how well we can stick to the plan, not on weight lost. It was a competitive diet, what can I say? I wanted to win!)


An Ode to Cocoa:  because I like poetry. 

            The dark and sugary fragrance wafted gently through the air
            As I sat in sweet surrender thinking deeply of a pair
            Of Lindt dark chocolate truffles, the best kind on which to munch
            You can bet on my day off, I’m sure to have a bunch.  

            “Don’t feed me Hershey’s chocolate! It’s far too sweet!” I say,
            As I head out to the store in preparation for the day
            Of tasty, delicious goodness—I won’t eat a Snicker’s Bar,
            Nor a York Peppermint Patty nor a chocolate cigar.

            No Milky Ways, no Musketeers, no nutty Almond Joys,
            No Butterfingers, Baby Ruths, nor anything with toys.
            I don’t want Reese’s nor its Pieces.  No M&Ms for me.
            I just want Lindt dark chocolate in my decadent fantasy.

If this makes you want to eat a Lindt dark chocolate truffle, then you should go buy some. And then say a little prayer for my Lindt-dark-chocolate-truffle-less self while you're at it. Please.


If it makes you interested in competitive dieting, check out The Game On! Diet. It's pretty intense, and you just might find yourself writing poetry to chocolate. 

1 comment:

  1. I still think this poem is very fun! And when you go to London at Thanksgiving you can get some Lindt dark chocolate!

    ReplyDelete