21 October 2010

Scooters!

Motorcycles are pretty popular here. I've even seen a dude on a Vespa scooter, but by far the most awesome scooter that I have seen has been this one:


That's an indoor electric scooter. They have them in what is only the most awesome library in Madrid: the CSIC (Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas). It's an open-stack library (like in the States), and is really bright and open and airy and beautiful.

The scooters are for the librarians to use when they have to seek out a big stack of books for someone. They may also be for patrons to use if they have to search out a big stack of books, but that was a little unclear to me.

It's really a toss-up in my mind as to which library is better: This one or Firestone in Princeton? I think that Firestone has more and better books. But this one has scooters! Wheeee!

Which is better, the motorcycle or the Vespa? Random response receives a postcard!

1 comment:

  1. Now that is awesome. Scooters in a library. I have trouble envisioning something like that here in the States. Can you imagine a bunch of kids playing hide-n-go-seek in the stacks using scooters?

    ReplyDelete