08 December 2010

Krakow! Part III

St. Mary's Cathedral is right on the main square, and it just so happens that the main square is host to Krakow's glorious Christmas Market. And it just so happens that Krakow's Christmas Market blows the Hyde Park Christmas Market right out of the water in terms of festive, traditional, arctic holiday cheer, as in: it was snowing, and there weren't any haunted houses.

It was like being in a Hallmark Christmas movie!


Unfortunately some of my pictures are a little blurry, but that big barrel is actually a little stand selling hot mulled wine. I tried some in London and didn't particularly like it, but after a cup of the stuff in Krakow, I'm a huge fan. At first, I really couldn't understand why anyone would heat up wine. And Krakow taught me why: Because it is freakin' freezing!

The Christmas market also had the following stands:




We passed by the Christmas market every single day, and on the last day, I bought me some slippers. They're so warm and comfortable...It's like walking on pillows!

1 comment:

  1. Did you try the Mulled Wine in Hyde Park? That's not a fair judge of anything I feel. :-)

    ReplyDelete