07 December 2010

Krakow! Part II

Coffee Heaven--home of the delicious snickerdoodle drink--is located right by the entrance gate to the old city of Krakow. 


It's a pretty cool building, with an awesome gate. There was a really awesome accordion player playing some super-lively music under the arch. I'm not sure how he was able to bear the cold, but his music was really good.

We then wandered through the Krakow main square and into this beautiful church: Saint Mary's. It's a really pretty baroque styleon the inside, with a gorgeous navy/royal blue ceiling with golden stars painted on. Looks like the starry sky and reminded me a lot of some of the Islamic ceiling decoration that I've seen in Andalusia, mainly in the ceiling=sky part.


I didn't take any pictures of the inside, since we didn't really come in through the visitors entrance. It was kind of nice not taking a picture inside of a cathedral. Made me focus more on enjoying the building itself.

It is really nice that Krakow has so many churches/ cathedrals. Since it was so cold out, stopping in at a few on the wanderings really helped me stay a little warm.

1 comment:

  1. Makes me sad to see the McDonald's sign hanging near the gate.

    ReplyDelete