12 December 2010

Krakow, Part VI

Saturday was really foggy, so after our wanderings, which took us by the Krakow castle--Wawel Castle

(Pronounced Vavel, and whenever I heard it, I thought someone was saying vaudeville.)

(I need to get my ears checked.)


After the walk, we went back to V's house and made cookies. Because she has an oven. And because I miss chocolate chip cookies. And because I've never baked chocolate chip cookies without being able to measure the ingredients exactly. But that's ok, because they turned out great!

Om nom nom nom nom.
And because Saturday was really foggy, we woke up Sunday to a BEAUTIFUL hoarfrost. 




We headed over to the Krakow castle, where I took all of these lovely pictures of the hoarfrost and of a 1000-year-old castle.


(Don't forget that I took them without being able to see them!) 

Outdoor frosty, snowy, decked-out Christmas tree
V was laughing at me the whole weekend because I was slightly obsessed with this whole really cold, snowy, winter-thing they've got going on in Poland. But she said that seeing it through the eyes of a foreigner made her realize how awesome and Hallmark-y it totally was. 

1 comment:

  1. these pictures are gorgeous! I wish i could play in the snow with you

    ReplyDelete