02 December 2010

London IV

Breakfast Saturday morning: K&M wanted to take me to this brunch place near their house called Brew, but the line was out the door, so we went to another brunch place near their house: Giraffe.


It's a chain, but that doesn't matter because the food was delicious. D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S!

Them's some blueberry & banana pancakes. They are going on my list of all-time favorite pancakes.
Even if I hadn't been pancake-starved, they still would have made the list. 
I haven't had pancakes in about 3 months. Normally, that doesn't bother me. In fact, pancakes aren't my favorite type of breakfast food. (I prefer waffles).

HOWEVER, when you don't really have the option of ever having pancakes because you are living in a country where, for whatever reason, the ENTIRE POPULACE does not believe in eating a decent breakfast...well, then. Pancakes become a PRETTY BIG DEAL.

Also, I love this restaurant because they included their own version of this poem on the back of the menu:

Smiling is infectious,


You catch it like the flu,
When someone smiled at me today,
I started smiling too.
I passed around the corner,
and someone saw my grin,
When he smiled I realised,
I’d passed it on to him.


I thought about that smile,
Then I realised its worth,
A single smile just like mine,
Could travel round the earth.
So if you feel a smile begin,
Don’t leave it undetected -
Let’s start an epidemic quick
And get the world infected!

Cheers!

3 comments:

  1. This moves Spain a little on my list. Someone told me that the British only recently started being big into brunch. BRUNCH IS MY FAVORITE MEAL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spain isn't necessarily big into brunch, but they do like their coffees, their mid-morning snacks, their first lunch, their second lunch, their early afternoon snack, their tapas, their dinner and their beer.

    Basically, you shouldn't count Spain out just because of brunch. There's plenty of other meals to be eaten here.

    ReplyDelete