25 February 2011

Córdoba and Granada

Making sure that every single student was present and accounted for at all of the various mandatory activities on this trip was actually kind of hard work. I got to count them when they got off the bus, when we walked to the city centers, when they got back on the bus, when they came down to breakfast, when they came down to the hotel lobby. Did I mention that I got to count them when they were on the bus?

And they're so slippery, too. They'll be standing quietly in one place, and then you look back, and they've vanished. Good gosh, it was like herding cats.

Fortunately, even though all of this counting was incredibly exhausting, I did get to clock some more awesome pictures of Córdoba and Granada (to go with all of the ones that I already have). 

The Córdoban Cathedral (that would be the mosque)

Puerta de la Justicia: La Alhambra. Please admire the
beautiful, blue sky. Because it was beautiful. And blue.

Detail from inside the Alhambra

Speaking of taking pictures that already exist, you should totes check out the pictures here, one artist's interpretation of the compulsion to take pictures of monuments as proof that we (as individuals of the human species) were in fact, there. It's pretty cool.

(Thanks Aubs for the link!)

3 comments:

  1. I'm sure I've mentioned it before but I went to Spain once for ten days when I was 16. I think that the Alhambra had to be one of my very favorite parts. There's a photo I took there hanging still in my bedroom at home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that I was even more impressed by the building this time around. It's just so incredibly unique and beautiful, and I'm really mad that the majority of the pictures that I took of the inside didn't quite turn out this time around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. I also love the Alhambra. It is amazing and one of the most beautiful buildings ever.
    2. You are welcome for the link. I <3 Huffington Post and those pictures were eerie and awesome all at the same time.

    ReplyDelete