12 September 2016

Flat Tire

Madrid's streets are dangerous. No, not like that! They're not dangerous in the sense that someone will sneak up on you with a knife (though there is a decent amount of petty theft, as in all big cities).

They're dangerous in ways you don't think of.

In summer of 2015, I slipped on a french fry on the sidewalk and twisted my ankle. It had me laid up for a few days resting with an ice pack (that's when I downloaded 3 seasons of Parks and Rec and proceeded to re-watch most of the show... solid life choices right here).

This past weekend, I was walking around Chueca with my friend A, and all of a sudden, my sandal broke! They were some cheap sandals from Aldo, so I guess it's not too surprising...

But they were cute, and I was really enjoying wearing them around Madrid!



So then A and I hobbled to the nearest shoe shop to get me some shoes (it was a vintage shop, and all they had in my size were flats, so we then kept walking until we found an AleHop and I bought some cheap comfy replacement sandals there).

My roommate C suggested that I take them to a zapatero (she really hates to throw things away). I'm going to try because I like them so much, even though they may not be worth it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment