10 September 2016

Pokemon Go

During my last few months in Austin, MM & I got really into playing Pokemon Go. We would go on dates to baseball games, the Texas State Capitol Building, Auditorium Shores and just play Pokemon Go the entire time. Sometimes, we would even just go for a drive, while the passenger manned both phones and tried to catch all the stops. During my last week there, Daniel would drop me off at the bus stop so I could get to campus, and I would rack up the points.

I can't play Pokemon Go in Madrid (well, I probably could, but I need to get better at mapping wi-fi networks onto PokeStops--maybe it's better to say that I haven't yet dared to play it here, because I have no data).

However, I have caught a Pikachu. I found him in the Plaza del Sol one day, right after opening my bank account.


One of my favorite things about Madrid is all the crazy characters who are out and about in all the tourist centers. I know that Times Square has its people dressed up as Disney/Marvel/Nikelodeon/etc... characters, but for some reason, the ones in Madrid just seem more...absurd (pathetic?), Pikachu included. 

No comments:

Post a Comment