01 October 2016

Conde Duque

WAY back in 2008 (that seems so long ago now, I can hardly believe it), I did most of the research for my undergraduate research in the Municipal Newspaper Archive in Madrid. It's in this MASSIVE building--so big that it has three plazas and houses I have no idea how many documents.


There's a public library in there somewhere, and since it's a public building, they'll hold all sorts of events in the outdoor space. I've seen concert series (and I think I've heard them, too, since my apartment is not very far from this place). 


Last Friday, they were preparing for the Glamour Sport Summit. I have no idea what that was, but it seems to me that they were pulling out all the stops. 


In the same neighborhood as Conde Duque, there's this cute little kind-of Spanish, kind-of American restaurant that serves classic American food (hamburgers, cheesecakes, chicken and waffles) but with a bit of a Spanish twist. I went there for lunch earlier this week and it was delicious. 


I ordered a salad and an apple-bacon risotto, but somehow forgot to take pictures of everything except for dessert: the delicious strawberry cheesecake with a nutty crust that you see above. 

No comments:

Post a Comment