07 October 2016

On Tea

I love tea. Didn't used to, but it's the one concession I have made to graduate school (and to the need to order a more mature-sounding beverage than hot chocolate when I am convening with colleagues). 

Spain isn't necessarily a tea-drinking country (cafĂ© con leche is the most widely consumed caffeinated beverage), but I've still been able to find some quaint places to drink. 




Tuesday, I hit up two (count 'em, 2!) different cafes for tea and pastries. Above, you can see the tea timer at La Mallorca, where I got a napolitana and a delightful ginger green tea.

And below, the composition that I took at Mama Framboise, where I got 2 macarons and another green tea.


My roommate keeps telling me that I'm going to lose weight in Spain (because of all the walking and the veggies and whatnot). She has no idea how many pastries I can down, however. 

No comments:

Post a Comment