19 November 2016

Going Native

A few weeks ago, I realized that I needed some warmer winter shoes in Madrid. I have leather boots, and I have tennis shoes, but Austin has taught me that winter shoes are suede ballet flats, and those don't work in temperatures under 70ºF. (Sidenote: Madrid regularly has temperatures under 70ºF in winter).

I had been thinking of purchasing a pair of CAMPER brand shoes ever since my friend T told me how comfortable they were a few years ago.


So one day, on a walk around town, I decided to pop into a store, just to see what they had going on.



There's something about the shoes you wear while traveling that immediately identifies you as a foreigner. American tennis shoes are comfortable, but (1) they immediately peg me as American, (2) they don't go well with my skinny jeans, and (3) tennis shoes are meant to breathe and be cool, which is not what I want to be happening on my feet when they're already chilly. I wanted to avoid all that.



Plus, I've never owned a pair of high-tops!

No comments:

Post a Comment