15 December 2016

All-American Spanish Road Trip

Last weekend, some friends and I took a road trip to Cantabria. We stayed in a casa rural (basically a farmhouse/cabin, but nicer), and had a great time.

This trip knocked a few things off my lists of Fulbright-year goals. Cantabria is a region of Spain that I hadn't yet visited, so I got to see that, and we went to the Museo de Altamira to see prehistoric cave paintings. We explored Burgos and Santander, and got to see one of Gaudí's first houses (and one of the few that he made outside of Catalunya).

And we got to hear cows chewing cud and see lots of sheep and chickens chilling in the countryside.




I also made everyone listen to so much Kacey Musgraves and Eric Hutchinson on the way up that they demanded that we only listen to This American Life on the way back to Madrid. 

No comments:

Post a Comment