16 December 2016

Petty thievery

Monday night, my backpack was stolen from my side. I was a little careless and a lot unlucky, but it could have been worse. I could have lost my passport, or my wallet with all my cards. Luckily, all the thief got was a really cute backpack, a beat-up, 7yo Mac, some books and some postcards (already stamped and addressed).

After waiting in the police station for four hours, I was able to file the denuncia (police report), and go home to bed.

Petty thievery is unfortunately quite common in Madrid (especially in places where foreigners might go, and I have to admit that I was at one of those places).

I'm fairly positive that the backpack has already made its way into a city dumpster, and the computer has been wiped and scrapped for parts. But we'll see if anything comes of the police report.

I just really want to see the security cameras to know if the person who walks out the door with my backpack on their back is the one I think committed the crime. 

No comments:

Post a Comment