07 December 2016

Luke's Diner

I have a confession to make. I was not a huge fan of the Gilmore Girls while I was growing up. I mean, I watched an episode every now and then, but I wasn't obsessed like some of my friends were (ahem, are).



And yet, when I aw an ad for a Luke's Diner pop-up advertising the new mini-series on Netflix, I decided I had to go.


(I also convinced some friends to binge-watch the first 8 episodes with me this past weekend, and that made me realize that I did a good thing by canceling my Netflix subscription before I came to Spain. I'd be WAY less productive if I could binge-watch things on a daily basis).


The coffeeshop that Netflix chose to do this promotion at is pretty adorable. It's called Lolina Vintage, and in L's words, "It reminds me of Austin". 


Since we're in Spain, all the advertising copy is in Spanish. But they did a good job translating the concept of an American diner/coffeeshop to Madrid.



They even posted Luke's curmudgeonly "No cell phones" sign!


And of course, they gave us all free coffee (well, I bought a chai latte and had to pay for that), and free tote bags. Success!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment