29 June 2018

The particularities of everyday life

Honestly, from my research, this is how you survive fascism. You put your head down, focus on the things closest to you (family, work), take life one day at a time and just keep on. It's not easy, and not everybody can do it. Not everyone does survive fascism.

But I wanted today's post to be a little more uplifting, so I wanted to share a story about how I embrace the particularities of everyday life.

My nephew is about 3-and-a-half years old. He's incredibly verbal, and he really loves Winnie-the-Pooh. A LOT. So much so that he has now decided to give everyone in his family Pooh names and refer to them only by their Pooh name. He's Roo. His mom is Kanga. His dad is Owl. One Grandma is Tigger, the other Piglet. One Grandpa is Rabbit, the other Pooh.

We don't really have an Eeyore in our family, and I guess that Christopher Robin is still up for grabs, so maybe I'll be the lucky person who gets to be him. Or C might think that his aunt is a meanie and call her a Heffalump or Woozle.

This whole situation is hysterical to me, especially the part where C refers to himself as Roo. The kid is committed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment