23 September 2010

Blue Suede Shoes

Elvis sure had something right. There's just something about blue suede shoes that makes them completely awesome. I have a pair of teal/turquoise ballet flats myself, and they don't seem to clash with anything. I mean, I'm sure there is something out there that clashes with my lovely, velvety teal shoes, but I just haven't found it yet.



Friend Aubrey tried to convince me not to take my favorite shoes with me to Spain. They are getting kind of worn (and I might have worn them in the rain/mud at one point, so they're really lookin' like they've been abused), but I refused to listen to her. Now, I'm glad I did, partly because they are super-comfortable, and partly because blue suede shoes are a great fashion statement.

Also because I just really like them.

In fact, I like blue shoes so much, that when my lovely JCrew flip-flops broke right when I was entering the metro stations (a good 10 minutes away from my house on sidewalks that might or might not have had broken glass on them), I decided to buy a new pair of sandals. Split-second decision caused by me being in a hurry and glass-strewn sidewalks, and 10 minutes later, I walk out in these.



And I have worn them practically every day since.

1 comment: