24 September 2010

We Don't Need No Education!

  • I would say that about 90% of Spanish children wear a uniform to school. 
    • They look really adorable, and yet it's also disconcerting.
      • Until I remind myself of the Catholic history of this country's school system and then it makes much more sense.
        • I'm living in a country where there is little difference between public and parochial schools. 
  • There are no school buses.
    • Parents walk their children to school until they are old enough to walk it alone.
      • It's really cute to watch this family time occur. 
  • Given the times that I see children walking to school and leaving, I would say that school starts every day between 9 and 9:30 and lets out somewhere between 2:30 and 3:30.
    • Does that seem like a short school day to you? It does to me.
  • In contrast, I have school four days a week.
    • Does that seem like a short school week to you? It doesn't to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment