16 September 2010

Lots of Light

My favorite part about my room is the window. It is really large and lets in LOTS of light. (It also lets in a ton of noise, but that's beside the point.) That's one of the striking differences between the States and here. Back home, when we say a window lets in lots of light, we don't (or at least I don't) actually think that that will be the light that I will be living by. I'm generally more concerned about the view. There are always plenty of lamps and indoor lighting that it never occurs to me that some people still actually live their lives by natural light.

But here, natural light is definitely the way to light up a room, mostly because it's free. Also, in the summer, since the sun goes down really late (at like 10), there's a lot of light to live by. I'm not really sure what is done in the winter--ask me in February.

But the other reason that I like my window so much is this:



That's right. The paint is peeling off the panes. That is probably not something that a normal person should like about a window, but I think that it gives my life a very bohemian vibe (and I mean that in a very literal way, like I should be living in the attic in La Boheme).

1 comment:

  1. damn hippies. I love natural sunlight too! And the drapes (from the other pics)

    ReplyDelete